Monday, March 16, 2009

improvise

improvise

Since childhood, I have been a tiatr buff and have also sung many a times in these Konkani plays. One has also composed one’s own songs for these Konkani plays. I am also planning to stage my own tiatr next year. However I feel said to find lack of unity among Konkani tiatarist. Directors are jealous of one another.
Today everybody wants to become directors. As a result 60 percent of our Konkani plays flop. It will be good to have 5 to 6 directors rather than having plethora of such so called creative people.
In addition our directors need to ensure that they always have novel and original scripts. We also need to keep in mind the stage setting coupled with sound system is up to a descent standard.
Then only we will be able to have good tiatr’s. I hope our tiatrist will take this humble suggestion for the good of Konkani tiatr.

Edgar Martins, Chinchinim
www.oheraldo.in

No comments: